Thursday, April 28, 2011

Garbage In Garbage Out

I must admit, I thought buying organic was just a fad much like a fad diet. I would buy organic when it was on sale because I did want to be healthier. I had no idea just how bad the pesticides used on commercial farms are for my physical health, the health of my children as well as the health of our planet. I've been reading a lot of information on the endocrine system and how our hormones getting all out of whack can impact our metabolism. Guess what...pesticides are poison to our body (and our planet)...plain and simple.

This reminds me of that saying "garbage in, garbage out". I'm pretty sure I learned that in a computer science class but I believe it is equally accurate when it comes to our health and nutrition. If we put pesticides into our body, among other poisons, we will get garbage out in the form of low energy and ailments that may take years to show up.

Realizing that I have been feeding my child poisons that can cause cancer in his body later in life was a real wake up call for me. I want my child to be healthy and have a long and wonderful life. Heck, I want that for my husband and I as well. I am ready to take a stand for health and vitality in my family, are you?

If you want to read a great, to the point, article check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment