Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dancing With Delight

For quite some time, I've had a vision of my family going on regular bike rides to the local farmers market. We bought a bike seat for my son to ride in, but unfortunately it didn't fit on my bike. Several months have passed and we finally decided to purchase a new bike that will accommodate an infant seat. It is an early Mother's Day gift to me, and a gift I will cherish.
Today we had the wonderful experience of our first family bike ride. The sun was shining, birds were chirping and the trail was gently populated with people celebrating the arrival of spring. My vision for our family is on it's way to becoming a reality and my heart is dancing with delight.
My body also feels REALLY good after getting out and about for exercise. After several weeks of inactivity due to bed rest my body was aching to get outside and get moving. I feel much more energetic and mentally alert than I have for weeks now. Exercise, in a form that is enjoyable, is a great addition to any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment