Friday, April 29, 2011

A Tasty Treat

My husband's birthday is coming up so I've been searching for a sugar free, yet delicious, cake or cup cake recipe. I found this chocolate pecan muffin recipe and I must say it is definitely a contender! I gave it a try last night and my husband described it as a moist brownie without being too sweet like a typical brownie. I agree with him completely. It was more on the cake like side than a fudge brownie would be, but that's fine by me as I'm looking to use it as a cupcake.

Now I just need to find the perfect topping for them. That may be a tad more difficult to find, but I'm confident I will figure something out :)

Here is the recipe:

 Dark Chocolate Pecan Avocado Muffins

  • 1/2 cup organic dark chocolate chips, melted (I'm going to try substituting with carob chips next time)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3/4 cup organic soy milk (or almond milk works well)
  • 1 ripe organic avocado
  • 1 cup Agave syrup
  • 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. In a blender combine melted chocolate, vanilla, oil, milk, avocado and agave; puree until smooth. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, pecans, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir avocado puree into dry ingredients; mix well. Spoon into 12 muffin cups and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.

All I can say is YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment