Friday, May 27, 2011

Good-bye Gluten

I'm having mixed feelings about going gluten free. I'm worried about social situations that will become more difficult, but I'm also worried that I don't have the will power to do this. I guess the thing that is different this time is I'm changing my eating habits for better health, not to get skinny. I'm guilty of yo yo dieting over the years and I'd like to put an end to that once and for all. I'm starting to change my entire attitude toward food and starting to see it as fuel and medicine. I'm not even sure what I thought food was before. All I do know is that I wasn't understanding how what I was eating effected my body and now that I'm beginning to understand it more, I absolutely want to change the way I eat.
Along with gluten I'm also not eating any refined sugar. That may end up being harder than the gluten, or not I guess. I use to love the occasional cupcake...mmm so good! I was thinking a couple of days ago that maybe I could have one last cupcake before I make this change. I immediately shot down that idea. How often do I say, just one last time...and then it ends up being about a dozen or more times before I actually stop the behavior. I'm not waiting for my health anymore. I am choosing health today, and everyday of my life.
I deserve to live a healthy and vibrant life!

No comments:

Post a Comment