Monday, May 23, 2011

So Delicious

This past week has been an information gathering week for me. I'm realizing how much I still have to learn about health and nutrition. I've decided to work toward eating gluten free. I've been reading a lot of recipes for gluten free goods and I'm realizing that the alternatives to wheat flour may actually contain more nutrients and healing properties than simply using wheat flour. I'm going to try to make some quinoa coconut blueberry muffins this week, and perhaps also a banana pound cake. I would like to go gluten and dairy free, but for now I'm just focussing on the gluten. I don't actually consume much dairy aside from yogurt anyway as I currently use so delicious coconut milk alternatives. So Delicious Coconut Milk can be found at Thrifty Foods, Planet Organic and Red Barn here in Victoria. If you are curious, I would encourage you to give it a try. (It is approx $4 for 2L depending on where you purchase from)

No comments:

Post a Comment