Tuesday, May 10, 2011

L.O.V.E.

I had a really big "ah ha" moment today. It was big for me anyway. I realized that every time I say something to someone else out of feeling obligated I'm diminishing my trust in myself.
Over and over again I continue with friendships that I feel hurt or beat down by. I feel a sense of obligation to be kind, polite and friendly even if it means sacrificing my own happiness and well being. This is something I have struggled with for a greater part of my life. I've been working on it this past year and I've walked away from some people that have eroded my self-esteem and be down right mean to me. It hasn't felt good, but I know it's important. I want to find my voice. I want to find my power and in order to do that  I have to stand up for myself, because nobody else will.
I love myself enough to surround myself with people who actually love and accept me for who I am. That want me, not what I can do or be for them.

Letting
Ones
Vivacity
Express

I want more LOVE in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment