Sunday, May 29, 2011

Growing Greener

Historically I have not had a green thumb. I've had several plants over the years that have died on me. I have never been taught how to actually take care of plants, so in my defense I don't really think it was entirely my fault.

As I've mentioned before, my husband and I are working on eating all organic foods, and local as much as possible. How much more local can we get than eating right out of our own yard? I've decided to plant a herb garden. We are currently living in a condo which limits our space to our patio, but I figure I should do the best that i can with the space that we've got! I know a herb garden isn't a huge deal, but I would really like to take baby steps in learning how to garden and grow foods myself. We are listing our condo very soon and if all goes as planned will be in a house by the fall. I'd love to get a greenhouse and plant a garden in our yard. I've got a ton of learning to do, but luckily I have someone close to me that just completed an agriculture and gardening diploma that will be happy to help me out :)

I feel like I'm starting to take hold of my heart song and letting the music play everyday!
Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment